What am I not covered for?
This Policy does not cover any of the the following.
This Policy does not cover and the Company will not in any event be liable to pay any claims arising directly or indirectly from, caused by, a consequence of, arising in connection with or contributed to by any of the following:
- Any Pre-existing Conditions or congenital conditions.
- Any condition, which is or results from or is a complication of infection with Human Deficiency Syndrome (‘HIV’), any variance including Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (‘AIDS’), and AIDS Related Complications (‘ARC’), or any opportunistic infections and/or malignant neoplasm (tumor) found in the presence of HIV, AIDS or ARC.
- Any condition which is, results from or a complication of pregnancy, childbirth, miscarriage (except miscarriage due to Bodily Injury as direct result of an Accident as covered under Section 3 of Part 7) or abortion.
- Any condition which is, results from or a complication of suicide or attempted suicide or intentional self-injury.
- Illnesses or disorders of a psychological nature, mental and nervous disorders, including but not limited to insanity.
- Any condition which results from or is a complication of any venereal disease.
- The alcohol content in the blood and/or urine samples exceeding the limit permitted by law of the country in which the Bodily Injury occurred, or drugs not prescribed by a Physician and not for treatment of drug addiction.
- Declared or undeclared war or any act of war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities, civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power.
- Loss, destruction or damage to any property whatsoever or any loss or expense whatsoever arising there from or any consequential loss directly or indirectly caused or contributed to or arising from ionizing radiations or contamination by radio-activity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
- Any willful or intentional acts of the Insured Person whether sane or insane, self-inflicted injury, suicide pacts or agreements or any attempts thereat, provoked homicide or assault.
- The Insured Person acting as a law enforcement officer, emergency medical or fire service personnel, civil defense personnel or military personnel of any country or international authority, whether full-time service or as a volunteer.
- The Insured Person engaging in aviation, other than as a fare-paying passenger in, boarding and alighting from any fixed-wing aircraft provided and operated by a regularly scheduled airline or private unscheduled air chartered company which is duly licensed for the regular transportation of fare-paying passengers or in a helicopter provided and operated by an airline which is duly licensed for the regular transportation of fare-paying passengers, provided such helicopter is operated only between established commercial airports and/or licensed heliports.
- Illegal acts (or omissions) by the Insured Person or his/her executors, administrators, legal heirs or personal representatives.
- Loss resulting directly or directly from action taken by any government authorities including confiscation, seizure, destruction and restriction.
- Any loss or expenses which is, directly or indirectly, caused by, a consequence of, arises in connection with or is contributed to by the Insured Person undertaking any Journey against the advice of a Physician or for the purpose of seeking medical attention.
- Any prohibition or breach of government regulation or any failure by the Insured Person to take reasonable precautions to avoid a claim under this Policy following the warning of any intended Strike, Riot or Civil Commotion through or by general mass media.
- The Insured Person not taking all reasonable efforts to safeguard his/her property or to avoid any injury or minimize any claim under the Policy.
- Whilst engaging in naval, military or air force service or operation or testing of any kind of conveyance or being employed as a manual worker or whilst engaging in offshore activities like diving, oil-rigging, mining or aerial photography or handling of explosive or loss of or damage to hired or leased equipment, overseas secondment as part of the Insured Person’s occupation, working holiday makers visa, Return Journey for student studying overseas (full period or short period).
- Any loss or expenses which arises in connection with or is contributed by the Insured Person undertaking any Journey against the travel advice of the Ministry of Foreign Affair of Malaysia or the Ministry of Health of Malaysia, in relation to actual or threatened Riot, Strike or Civil Commotion, war or warlike situation, outbreak of disease or unsafe health conditions, or impending Natural Disasters, to the country or territory of the Insured Person’s Destination, unless the Journey had already commenced prior to the issuance of the travel advice. This shall not apply in respect of travel advice based solely on the COVID-19 (or any mutation or variation thereof or any related strain) and/or it’s outbreak.
- Any Communicable Disease Outbreak or any fear or threat of a Communicable Disease Outbreak unless expressly included at the date of inception or renewal of this Policy.
- The Insured Person not being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Consequential loss or damage of any kind.
- Any losses caused by terrorist attacks by nuclear, chemical and/or biological substances.
- The Insured Person’s direct participation in any Act of Terrorism.
- The Insured Person riding/driving without a valid driving license.
- We will not (under any Sections) pay for claims arising directly or indirectly from any losses or expenses with respect to Cuba.
- The Insured Person participating or engaging in :
- Extreme Sports and Sporting Activities;
- Practicing for, taking part in or training in any speed contest or racing, any professional competitions or sports or any sports in which You would earn or could earn or receive remuneration, sponsorships, donations or any form of financial rewards;
- Racing, other than on foot but this does not include ultra-marathons, biathlons or triathlons ;
- Off-piste skiing, ski-jumping, ski-bob racing, skiing off-trail, free-style skiing, and use of bob sleighs;
- Mountaineering or Trekking;
- Scuba diving unless the Insured Person holds a PADI certification (or similar recognized qualification) or when diving with a qualified instructor. In these situations, the maximum depth that this Policy covers is specified under his/her PADI certification (or similar qualification) but no deeper than thirty (30) metres and the Insured Person must not be diving alone;
- Private hunting trips;
- Winter sports: snowboarding, snow tubing, snow rafting, snow mobiling, glacier walking with a qualified guide;
- Biking sports: mountain biking, quad biking, expedition bicycle or motor touring, motor biking;
- 4-wheel driving adventures.
For Domestic Journey: Sickness, illness, diseases or any bacterial infection other than bacterial infection that is the direct result of accidental cut or wound.
*This list is non-exhaustive. Please refer to the Policy Wording for the full list of exclusions under this policy.